We are looking for an experienced High Volume Pastry Chef to prepare a variety of breads, desserts and pastries for Harpoon Larry’s in Newport News and County Grill in Yorktown and Hampton. Skills in baking high quality food should be matched by creativity to develop new tastes and recipes. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for both unique and traditional creations.
Hours: Monday – Friday, beginning at 5:00 am. Occasional weekends due to volume or special events.
- Preparing a wide variety of goods such as pastries, cakes, cookies, pies, possibly bread, etc… following traditional and modern recipes
- Creating new and exciting desserts to coincide with our concepts
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Three years minimum proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless, etc….)
- Degree in Culinary Arts and/or Baking/Pastry program
- Pastry and baking portfolio
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Baking or Pastry: 3 years (Required)
- Food Preparation: 3 years (Required)