Human Resources Generalist
Director of HR Operations
The Human Resources Generalist (HRG) performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: HRIS system data entry and management, employee satisfaction, credential tracking, policy and procedure guidance, onboarding and separations, benefits, compensation, employee relations, organizational health and development, and recruiting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSManage and respond to all employee inquiries timely and with a high level of accuracy. HRIS system initial data entry, system audits, and ensuring system continuity. Process all employee employment changes in the HRIS system with a high level of accuracy. Maintain and manage electronic employee records database. Conduct monthly audits on employee credentials and ensure that all employees are in compliance with credential policies. Maintain credential compliance to include annual State reporting. Process all new employee paperwork in accordance with state, federal and internal company policies. Assist in the development of policies and procedures within the HR Department. Assist in the development of company policies and procedures. Provide support to employees on benefit enrollments, and compensation calculations. Provide guidance to Principals, hiring authorities, and employees on the policies and procedures of the hiring, on boarding, payroll, benefits, regulations, policies, procedures related to the Human Resources Department. Audit and maintain state & federal law poster requirements for corporate and client locations Recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation Provide support in additional areas of HR functions as necessary to ensure the Department is delivering exceptional service. Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by HR Management Team and VP of Human Resources.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Perform other HR duties as assigned by management.
Education, Certifications & Experience Associate’s degree including strong understanding of HR principles and practices. Two to three years of progressive HR experience. Demonstrated experience with HRIS systems, including strong technical aptitude allowing for quick mastery of various, web-based systems used in performing work. Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Work, PowerPoint, etc.). PHR or SHRM-CP desired or ability to obtain certification within the first six months of employment.
Behavioral Competencies Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment. Must exercise the highest level of confidentiality and integrity. Friendly and professional personality. Requires the ability to present a professional image and to encourage others to do the same. Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines. Makes effective decisions by analyzing information and considering priorities. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Effective critical thinking and problem solving abilities. Willingness to appreciate and adopt the company’s Core Purpose and Values.
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a valid IVP Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at all times.
- Travel between campuses is required from time to time.
- This position requires the need to lift objects (up to 25 pounds) on occasion.
- This position may require sitting for long periods at times, talking on the phone, standing, kneeling, stooping and long periods of concentration.