Human Resources Generalist - Employee Relations
Employee Relations Manager
The Human Resources Generalist (HRG) performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: Fingerprint Clearance Cards, Certifications, Employment verifications, and administration of investigations, contracts, exit interview, background checks and policies and procedures.
- Participate in the planning and execution of employee functions and events through employee engagement.
- Assist in development of personnel policies and procedures and maintain the employee handbooks.
- Provide guidance to management and employees regarding laws, regulations, policies, procedures and practices related to employee relations matters.
- Maintain FCC and Certification compliance to include annual State reporting.
- Coordinate and conduct exit interviews.
- Respond to unemployment claims and attend/coordinate the attendees for unemployment hearings.
- Administer employment renewals (contracts/job offers), promotions and transfers.
- Maintain and track all progressive action and performance improvement plans (PIP).
- Assist under the direction of the ER Manager in the conduct of investigations regarding employee complaints and/or concerns.
- Audit and maintain state & federal law poster requirements for corporate and client locations.
- Recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Oversight of the HR email inbox.
- HRIS backup.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Perform other HR duties as assigned by management.
Education, Certifications & Experience
- Associate’s degree including strong understanding of HR principles and practices.
- Three to five years of progressive HR experience.
- Demonstrated experience with HRIS systems, including strong technical aptitude allowing for quick mastery of various, web-based systems used in performing work.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Work, PowerPoint, etc.).
- PHR or SHRM-CP desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must exercise the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Friendly and professional personality.
- Requires the ability to present a professional image and to encourage others to do the same.
- Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines.
- Makes effective decisions by analyzing information and considering priorities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Wiliness to appreciate and adopt the company’s Core Purpose and Values.
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a valid IVP Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at all times.
- Travel between campuses is required from time to time.
- This position requires the need to lift objects (up to 25 pounds) on occasion.
- This position may require sitting for long periods at times, talking on the phone, standing, kneeling, stooping and long periods of concentration.