Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"™
Under general direction, the Total Rewards Director will plan, develop and direct companywide employee benefits, compensation, payroll, risk, and compliance areas. This position requires both the ability to operate at a strategic level with senior executives as well as at a tactical and execution oriented level on a day-to-day basis with the HR Team.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Strategically aligns all compensation plans with the overall needs of the organization.
2. Responsible for compensation design and administration.
3. Responsible for Stock Administration.
4. Directs merit increase and performance management process.
5. Facilitates meetings, recommends solutions, and manages decision items for executive management and the Compensation Committee.
6. Develops, directs and maintains the company’s wage and salary administration.
7. Researches and maintains competitive salary ranges for all positions.
8. Directs participation in compensation surveys on behalf of the company.
9. Approves all requests for salary adjustments for key positions.
10. Directs preparation and monitoring of the annual salary budget.
11. Maintains and develops incentive and bonus compensation programs.
12. Manages Long Term Incentive compensation plans.
13. Works with Legal on administration of equity plans.
14. Works with Corporate Secretary to prepare compensation information for Proxy.
1. Strategically aligns all benefit plans with the overall needs of the organization
2. Manages employee benefit plans for the organization, ensuring governmental compliance.
3. Responsible for Benefit Plans design and administration
4. Assessment of Benefit plan differentials in M&A including identification of risk and business issues.
C. Mergers & Acquisitions
1. Serves as HR project lead for all Mergers & Acquisitions
1. Responsible for Payroll and reporting
2. Ensures payroll is processed in compliance with local, state and federal regulation.
1. Responsible for overall HR processes for Payroll, Benefits and Compensation.
2. Advises on HR processes and systems to support the efficient and effective delivery of the human resources services within and outside the human resources department
3. Counsels and advises management by providing advice and technical expertise.
4. Maintains and develops effective communication for all areas of responsibility
5. Utilizes measurement strategies to ensure that HR processes and solutions are efficient and effectively meet organization needs.
6. Responsible for responding to and passing audits.
7. Works to advise management on strategic issues and decisions to champion and drives change to maintain and uphold all applicable compliance and regulatory guidelines.
8. Works to foster/promote desired company culture.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
1. Responsible for supervising benefits, compensation, payroll and compliance.
2. Works with Heartland Financial’s recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the review process deadline
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in HR or Business Administration Required. Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience/certifications
2. 10 – 15 years in Human Resources field.
3. Experience with designing and administering compensation, incentive and benefit plans.
4. Specialized experience and training in compensation, benefits, and payroll.
5. Previous experience leading mergers and acquisitions
6. Proven project management experience
7. Must have demonstrated executive presence, and comfortable with presenting at an executive/board level.
8. Highly strategic, analytic and numbers oriented – proficient with excel
9. Proven experience building dashboards
10. Must have excellent leadership skills and be a team player with the ability to forge great relationships both within and outside the HR team.
11. Previous experience working in a matrix management environment.
12. Experience in banking or financial organization highly desired.
13. Public company experience strongly preferred
14. Strong business acumen and be able to quickly learn and understand the financials and operational levers within our banks
15. Experience interacting with all levels of management.
1. PHR/SPHR/GPHR or other HR Certifications a plus
Scheduled Weekly Hours: