For basic qualifications, we require that:
- A Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
- 3+ years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- You have a completed bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- You are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during Amazon’s peak holiday season and as needed year-round. You are obsessed with customer experience and understand the importance of a 24/7 operations. You are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
- You pride yourself on leading other leaders; you have direct experience managing front-line supervisors and have been responsible for supporting their performance and their associates.
- You have an eye for efficiency and bring experience identifying and implementing large-scale process improvement initiatives using data-driven techniques (performance metrics or Lean techniques).
Our Worldwide Operations network delivers millions of packages and smiles to Amazon customers every day. We are looking for motivated, customer-focused individuals who want to join our team as an Operations Manager. In this role, you will play a key part in maintaining our customer expectations to ensure customer orders are delivered at the right time, to the right location. You will lead and develop a team of salaried and hourly talent. You will be responsible for engaging your team during their shifts to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. To achieve this, managers are expected to provide their team with the tools needed for success while driving improvements through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving.
Our Operation’s workflow has three major components:
First mile - where the product is housed and ready for order; Middle mile - where the order is hauled to your area; and Last mile - when the product is delivered to the customer’s door. Please note that all workflows have slight building variations, but one thing is constant: our vision and dedication to the customer.
Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) is an exciting organization within Amazon specializing in delighting our customers with speed in which we can make items appear on their doorsteps. We are a combination of operations and support teams aligned to innovate for the last mile customer experience. Come build the future with us!
Key Responsibilities and Job Elements:
- Support, mentor, and motivate your team
- Lead large-scope projects with site and regional impact
- Create and implement productivity plans through forecast reviews, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Leaders to load balance
- Manage safety, quality, productivity, and customer delivery promises
- Collaborate with all support teams including Safety, Ops Integration, Loss Prevention and Human Resources to develop plans to meet business objectives
- Lift up to 49 pounds, stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, as well as continuously climb and descend stairs
- Work in an environment where the noise level varies and is subject to variable temperatures and weather (delivery stations include outside loading departments, and grocery locations include refrigerated environments)
- Work a flexible schedule (weekends and/or overnight shifts)
- Experience managing a team of 2+ salaried employees and 70+ indirect employees
- Experience scoping, leading, and implementing process improvements through Lean Six Sigma and/or Kaizen
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain/Logistics, or a related field
Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
Benefits include health care (medical, dental, vision) coverage starting on day 1 as well as 401(k) with company match, holiday/overtime pay and employee discount. Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents prior to, and following, the birth or adoption of a child.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.