Are you fascinated by the built environment? Are you passionate about sustainability and the opportunity to work on challenging multimodal projects that make communities more livable? Do you enjoy working on a variety of projects in unique and challenging environments? If so, we’re looking for someone like you to join our team as a Civil Engineer in our Silver Spring, Maryland office.
Why join Toole Design?
We are working to create vibrant, multimodal transportation solutions for people of all ages and abilities. Our staff of 150+ engineering, design and planning professionals are passionate about making a difference in communities large and small. The pace is fast, our team is creative and dynamic, and you will collaborate across disciplines with colleagues on transformative projects across the country. Toole Design is a committed to building a diverse and welcoming team. We have a collaborative culture where people of all backgrounds come together to share ideas and build better, more inclusive communities. We are an equal opportunity, woman-owned business. We are proud of the fact that over 50% of our managers are women or minorities. No matter what your background is – we encourage you to apply for this position.
As a Civil Engineer, you’ll use state of the art tools and practices to help create sustainable multimodal transportation infrastructure. You’ll work with your colleagues to engage communities, develop concepts, and produce construction documents for multimodal projects that range from small improvements to full-scale street reconstructions. In an industry that is constantly changing you’ll be at the forefront of designing and implementing real solutions.
You’ll be a great fit if:
We’ll offer you:
- Making a positive difference in how people get around by foot, bike or car is your passion
- You enjoy building strong relationships across disciplines, across offices and with our clients
- You know how to get the message across, whether written, verbal or graphically
- You love completing transportation construction documents and seeing your projects go in the ground
- You are detail oriented and have strong organizational skills
- You’re motivated to find new clients and solve new challenges
- You deliver high-quality work on-time and on-budget
About our Silver Spring office:
- The opportunity to design and implement transportation projects that positively and directly affect our communities.
- The potential to grow as an engineer and advance in a company that prefers to promote from within
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- A workplace that practices what it preaches, with engaged colleagues and financial incentives to bike, walk, and use transit on your commute.
The Silver Spring office of Toole Design is our corporate headquarters. We are conveniently located just outside of Washington DC in downtown Silver Spring, two blocks from the Silver Spring Metrorail/MARC Station. Our beautiful 8th floor suite offers stunning views of DC and surrounding Montgomery County. The office is easily accessed on foot, by bicycle, and via transit. Our team is a dynamic mix of planners, engineers, landscape architects and administrative professionals. Our projects range from city-wide plans to street transformations, in the mid-Atlantic and throughout the U.S.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be considered as a potential candidate for this position, please click "Apply for this Job" below or visit our careers page http://www.tooledesign.com/careers and select the corresponding position. Toole Design Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer (EO/AA/VEV/Disabled employer) and encourages women and minorities to apply. No phone calls, please. For more information about Toole Design Group, visit our website (www.tooledesign.com), follow us on Twitter (@tooledesign), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/TooleDesignGroup). .
- A Professional Engineering license
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering
- At least 5 years of engineering experience developing construction documents
- Proficient in Computer Automated Design (AutoCAD or MicroStation) and design software (Civil 3D, GEOPAK or InRoads)
- A broad knowledge base in civil engineering (transportation focus)
- Specific knowledge of roadway geometric design
- Interest in multimodal and active transportation design