Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. The business you’ll secure and the partnerships you’ll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants.
ABB is seeking a Employee Life Cycle Management (ELCM) Process Analyst for its Cary, North Carolina location. Who will be responsible for executing accurate services and process improvements related to Payroll, HR Information Systems, HR data administration, employee life cycle management, compensation and benefits for the EP Division. Furthermore, the position will ensure appropriate support of internal customers and oversee timely processing of information will all stakeholders. Additionally, the position will collectively collaborate with a team of payroll, compensation, benefits, onboarding IS and employee relations SMEs to proactively monitor and resolve issues, ensure process accuracy, compliance and timely transactional activity.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
US HR Process Accountabilities:
Implements and monitors HR processes within GBS HR Shared Services and is the primary liaison for the EP division HR teams.
Sarbanes-Oxley and Internal Control:
- Drive process improvements within GBS US Front Office functional areas.
- Creates process flows and Ensures execution and delivery of assigned HR services according to defined Service Level Agreements.
- Provides HR service support to HR community, managers and employees.
- Recommends enhancements and simplification of existing processes and procedure based on experience with customers.
- Works with Project Management Office to identify lean six sigma process improvements within the HR Shared Services environment.
- Partners with the GBS HUB teams on process controls and changes as needed.
- Creates and assists with the development of SOPs for HR Shared Services functional areas.
- Facilitates process improvement workshops within HR Shared Services team and local HR.
- Identifies process gaps in current and new processes and assists with the overall definition of new processes.
- Supports the implementation of streamlined practices and processes across areas of responsibility which will result in cost reduction, improved internal control, process efficiency and excellent customer (employee) satisfaction.
- Builds strong working relationships with various cross-functional groups throughout Human Resources.
- Liaisons with HR Shared Service functional leads and HRBPs for process optimization and data integrity.
- Collaborates with a team of SMEs, the business analysts, and other work streams to resolve Employee inquiries/cases within the SLA timeframe.
- Partner with SMEs on root cause analyses and identify process gaps.
- Works closely with the Payroll Operations team to ensure proper end-to-end time processing. Must have deep understanding of time entry, Kronos to SAP and SAP to SAP time interfaces, time transfer, time evaluation, and payroll valuation of time.
- Communicates information regarding policies and standards on assigned processes to internal customers as needed.
- Continuously communicates with the site business partners and time administrators to understand site time and pay rules, to identify gaps between current system functionality and site rules, and, in conjunction with business analysts, to develop change and new requirement requests which accurately convey the sites’ needs.
- Accountable for detailed analysis of all payroll or Master data related entries that impact the accuracy of time processing. Identifies drivers for these abnormalities, researches, analyzes and documents as well as propose corrective action.
- Creates advanced adhoc reporting to support internal & external functions as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Researches and remains current with labor related regulations including daily and weekly overtime, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) overtime, shift and weekend differentials, and applicable bargaining agreements, among others.
- Active role with integrations and other Projects.
- Provides recommendations for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Confirms that all controls are functioning as designed and proactively identifies areas for improvement in internal controls.
- Includes testing of segregation of duties (SOD), testing of payroll service’s controls and identifies “gaps”, as well as participating in annual SOX testing and validation exercises.
- Assists with quarterly and annual audit engagements with ABB’s internal and external auditors. Ensures informational requests are documented, information is provided, and that any issues are clearly identified and resolved.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 7 years of HR operation experience (servicing >10,000 employees) supporting a multi-state corporation.
- SAP payroll system or similar ERP system.
- Knowledge of integrated, cross-functional business systems.
- Experience with SAP time and KRONOS time.
- Proficiency with MS Excel and other MSOffice applications.
- Must maintain confidential information discreetly and protect employee privacy.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt well to changing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Critical thinking skills needed to investigate and resolve issues.
- Ability to work in a flexible environment where requirements and procedures continuously evolve.
- Highly ethical, analytical, team-oriented, flexible, inquisitive & logical.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Cary, North Carolina, USA
Business Unit HR Service Delivery
Date posted 2019-02-20
Job Function Human Resources
Publication ID US68123184_E1