Account Manager - w/ business development, candidate sourcing, and great customer service experience
Grant Associates is a national, award-winning workforce development company. Since opening our doors in 1997, we have collaborated with government agencies to develop workforce programs and solutions that advance job seekers, businesses and local economies, all with exceptional results.
At Grant Associates, we know every community’s workforce needs are unique. With proven models and in active partnership with government, Grant Associates’ mission is to tailor solutions that build workforce capacity, proving over the past two decades that our approach helps a community reach its potential.
Working under contract with federal, state and local agencies, Grant Associates has served more than 20,000 companies and helped more than 100,000 people define realistic goals, further their education and training, find jobs and embark on new career paths.
The Account Manager works with Adult and Dislocated Worker Career Seekers to develop job readiness skills which will enable them to secure and maintain gainful employment that will lead to a career. The Account Manager/Job Developer also assist the Business Service Manager and Career Advisors with building strong business relationships with Montgomery County employers to create career fairs and employment opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers to generate job opportunities for our Career seekers
- Work closely with Career Advisors to determine the types of jobs that match the skills and qualifications of our Career Seekers.
- Market job opportunities to Career Seekers through one-on-one meetings and on-site recruitment events
- Assist the Career Seekers with the development of personal goals and job readiness (Individual Employment Plan) which addresses potential barriers to employment and how to overcome them.
- Collect weekly time sheets from On the Job Training Career Seekers and submit them to the Business Service Manager for approval. Provide pre-and post-placement coaching and update the Career Advisors with a Case note in the Maryland Workforce Exchange System (MWE) as well as a verbal conversation.
- Provide Career Seekers with self-directed employment referrals to companies that are hiring
- Coordinate with other agencies to assist clients and make appropriate referrals to address employment barriers.
- Network with community resources to provide services to address specific barriers customers must overcome to accomplish their employment goals.
- Consult with other staff, to promote customer goals and career related needs that will lead to self-sustainability
- Follow-up with Career Seekers who are not attending job interviews as required and provide support to ensure compliance.
- Enter all contacts with customers in MWE. Enter all services and make certain that all services have a case note attached.
- Print all case notes for the customers file.
- Enter services provided to the Career Seekers the same day or within 7 days of providing the services.
- File all documents related to services provided in the customers file, in the correct section of the file.
- Monitor and record Career Seekers progress to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
- Assist with maintaining hard copy case files, including documentation such as Career Seekers' personal information, eligibility and employment documents.
- Provide Career Seekers with labor market information that will help them to make better decisions about their select careers.
- Work with the Business Service Manager to develop 5-week On the Job Training (OJT) opportunities with local business and employers for Career Seekers to gain employment experience and build their resume.
- Work with the Business Service Manager to hosts employment workshops to assist Career Seekers with completing job applications, resume writing, how to dress for success and practice interviews.
- Call and email Career Seekers with unsubsidized employment opportunities as well as On the Job Training (OJT) opportunities.
- Provide Career Seekers with one on one pre-employment orientation before job placement.
- Match employment with training opportunities to provide Career Seekers with better career opportunities.
- Stay on top of all industries that are hiring and learn the needs of the customers by working closely with the Career Advisors, Trainer and Business Service Manager.
- Share employment information with the Youth Program Account Manager and work closely together with employers to provided effective service to the employers and our Career Seekers.
WORK AND EDUCATION EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree in communications, management or related field
Successful experience in meeting goals in a high volume sales environment
Ability to thrive in a performance-driven business setting and consistently meet goals
Demonstrated successful experience presenting in front of large groups
Superior Communications skills in writing and orally
Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team
Strong organizational skills
Exceptional sales skills with a demonstrated ability to generate leads, close deals and deliver results
Critical and creative thinking skills
Demonstrated ability to lead and direct team activities
Proficiency with Microsoft Office, CRM applications and online sourcing tools
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports to business leaders, managers and staff. Ability to speak effectively before managers, staff and customers.
MATHEMATICAL AND REASONING SKILLS
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory in specific field. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, businesses and community. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form. Ability to perform duties with awareness and in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; occasionally walk and stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to be able to hear conversations in quiet environments.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works inside. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The employee may work extended work hours while performing the duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.