Sculpt is a social media marketing agency with Hustle & Heart. We create social media and digital marketing campaigns for growing B2B businesses that drive awareness, leads, and sales.
As a Content Specialist, you’ll be the social media sidekick to our client-facing superheroes (we call them "Engagement Managers"). You will write stellar copy, manage daily social media, and work with an experienced team of creative and digital marketing professionals to make our clients ridiculously successful.
Don’t let the intern title fool you, this is a serious position with a growth path in the company. We expect you’ll come in fresh but learn fast. Wicked fast.
Why we’re hiring:
- Social media content specialists are the voice of our clients' brands and a key ingredient in our pod-based structure
- Social media platforms change fast, and we look to our content specialists for their unique point-of-views and insights
- Content Specialists Interns can graduate into Engagement Managers or other essential roles
You are accountable for:
- Writing high-performing copy for a select few awesome clients across a variety of mediums and formats, like Instagram captions, Facebook ads, email templates, and landing pages (but mostly social media posts)
- Helping manage social media content publishing calendars and scheduled posts
- Monitoring for client brand mentions and tagged posts
- Responding swiftly and appropriately to comments on ads and posts
- Growing our clients social media accounts through proactive following, influencer outreach, funny and timely comments, and more — what’s your idea?
- Helping pull snapshots and draft reports to show clients our impact
- Participating in content jams for new ideas and meetings with clients
Requirements for crushing it:
- You understand the nuances of each social media platform; for instance, what performs well on Twitter versus Instagram
- You’re tapped into popular internet culture (please explain TikTok...)
- You’re passionate about this social media marketing stuff — it’s a career path and calling, not simply a semester-long stepping stone
- You’re betterer with words than most of your peers
- You’ve got great creative chops and can adapt your writing voice for diff audiences
- You have excetpional attention to detail
- You have a healthy obsession with learning
- You are accountable, reliable, and confident
- You have stellar communication skills in text and face-to-face scenarios
- You look for marketing inspiration everywhere and reverse engineer ads you find
- An Agile, "Hustle & Heart" culture
- Freedom to work remotely when you need it
- Great full-time benefits when you get there (401k, insurance, profit, flexibility)
- Continuous investment in education and tools to help you level up
- Dog-friendly, downtown Iowa City office close to everything
- Personal career planning tailored to where you want to expand in the company
- Flexibility to try lots of things, and carve your own path
- Opportunity to grow into a full-time role and shape future decisions
- Involvement in high-profile local projects that make our community a better place to work and live
To learn more about working at Sculpt, start here: https://sculpt.wistia.com/medias/iglh96jkzb
- What's the timeframe for this position? We're hoping to bring on our content specialist in September/October 2019 and work together through Fall and Spring semester. If it's working for both of us, we'll discuss continuation options.
- What's an ideal candidate experience level?An ideal candidate will feel comfortable operating in a high-performing, fast-paced, collaborative, creative work environment with real deadlines and commitments. X years of marketing experience is not required, but proof you can add value immediately is key.
- What happens next?We ask candidates to send back a reply with answers to the 2 prompts. Then, we schedule a call with our top candidates, followed by interviews with our team.
Sculpt is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Social Media Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Content Creation: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused