Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC
Plan and execute trade, retail, and school and library marketing campaigns for Tor Teen and Starscape titles.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Develop per title marketing plans, including digital strategies
- Work closely with publicity, digital, and ad/promo to ensure coordinated strategies
- Follow marketing trends and ensure new opportunities are maximized
- Strategize per title marketing plans as well as overall imprint strategies with Assistant Director
- Create and execute marketing plans, monitoring pre and post sales and adjusting campaigns as necessary
- Collaborate with sales force to determine assets needed to maximize sales efforts
- Write copy for advertising and promotional items
- Create mailings for bookstores, industry big mouths, educators, and librarians
- Lead Tor Teen Digital Content Team and help determine and create S&L digital initiatives
- Organize blog content for titles and writes social media posts
- Provide written details of marketing campaigns for pitches, marketing launches, and internal and external presentations
- Track marketing expenses and ensure budgets are maintained
- Prepare meeting PowerPoint presentations
- Provide analysis and report on marketing initiatives results and share data and feedback when appropriate
- Supervisory experience- supervise one department assistant
- Organized, enthusiastic, creative, work collaboratively with others across multiple groups, a problem solver, deadline oriented and work well under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, have contacts in the school and library community
Educational Background Required:
- 3 year minimum publishing marketing experience