- Software Development
- Unit Testing
Fairfax,Virginia,United States 6J7BP1
The Boeing Company is seeking a Software Engineer in Fairfax, VA.
- Participation in full life cycle software development tasks utilizing primarily Java and C++ programming languages. Applications range from embedded, high-performance to web service and user interface development with candidates having the ability to specialize in a single domain or cross-train.
- Participate in requirements analysis, software design, coding, unit testing, integration, installation and maintenance.
- Must be able to develop new ideas based on technical and domain experience.
- Must be able to operate in agile teams or work independently as needed to solve complex problems.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Possess a solid foundation in computer science
- Demonstrated competencies in data structures and algorithms
- Genuine desire to develop software to solve unique problems
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Collaborative teamwork skills
Typical Education/ Experience:
- Software development in a Linux environment
- Software development experience in an Agile environment
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is based in Fairfax, VA. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates upon approval.
Yes, 10 % of the Time Autonomous Systems Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company