This is a Per diem, Monday through Friday, day-shift position. We are seeking a radiologic technologist (RT) to join our vascular clinical team.
We invite you to contact us in regard to a position as a Radiologic Technologist at the Foothill Vascular Center located at 105 N. Hill Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91106.
In this position, you will be responsible for assisting the clinical team with vascular access procedures while operating a C-Arm, scrubbing in for interventional procedures, and providing support to the clinical team during pre- and post procedure activities. Additional responsibilities include cleaning and sterilizing instruments, maintaining inventory of medical supplies, and participating in general center operations. As a member of our team, you will interact with patients, physicians and dialysis facilities as part of our community educational program, and also participate in other educational outreach initiatives.
- Assist clinical team with patient and procedure room preparation and post-procedure clean-up
- Assist in interventional procedures by operating the C-Arm, scrub-in for procedures including but not limited to angiograms, angioplasty, thrombectomy, hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis catheters, vein mapping, and accessory vein ligation; clean and sterilize instruments - maintain sterile field during procedures and notify interventionalist of any break in sterile procedure which may compromise the procedure or patient safety; count needles, sponges and instruments as required; track use of medications and supplies during procedures
- Monitor and maintain adequate inventory of medical supplies both for the center and in the procedure room
- Assist as needed with the effective operation of the vascular access center
- Maintain radiology safety-monitoring procedures and serve as the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) for the center
- Assist in scheduling patients for vascular access procedures and provide assistance in transporting patients within the center
- Participate in community education activities regarding access center
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to: work overtime with little or no notice as needed; work in other centers as needed; attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed; know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures; know, understand, and comply with all Lifeline clinical and business policies and procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Lifeline Vascular Access works with premier physician practices to develop and manage outpatient centers that provide focused and coordinated vascular access procedures to patients receiving hemodialysis treatment for end-stage renal disease (ESRD). We currently manage more than 60 physician-owned vascular access centers where we provide physician practices with financial and outcomes reporting, staffing and training, facility operations, regulatory compliance, and insurance billing services. The Lifeline network of managed vascular access centers is accredited by the Joint Commission. Lifeline Vascular Access is a business unit of DaVita Inc., the nation's largest independent provider of dialysis services in the United States, dedicated to providing services to patients diagnosed with chronic kidney failure. DaVita Inc. is a member of the Fortune 500, servicing patients in 43 states and in more than 1,300 outpatient dialysis centers. DaVita also provides acute inpatient dialysis services to patients in more than 800 hospitals across the country. DaVita's clinical outcomes consistently rank above the national average serving more than one-third of the dialysis population.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification required; Cardiovascular-Interventional Radiology (CV-IR) certification preferred
- State license and/or fluoroscopic permit to practice radiologic technology if required by state law
- Associate's Degree in Science or successful completion of a formal educational program accepted by ARRT required
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in general diagnostic, special procedures, or cardiac catheterization required with demonstrated knowledge of sterile techniques
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, continuing education support, and tuition reimbursement. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
Visit our website at www.lifelinevascularaccess.com