- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A 3G VERTICAL TEST.
- Fitting experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Weld equipment from structural steel and aluminum using blueprints and detailed engineering drawings in a fast-paced environment to support customer satisfaction, manufacturing & sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand and practice company safety policies and procedures.
- Understand and practice weld procedures. IE: GMAW SMAW, FCAW, TGAW
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
- Examine work pieces for defects to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Identify material, cut, prepare, deburr, lay-out, position, align, fit and weld parts to form complete units.
- Understand engineering drawings, blueprints and job travelers to determine material requirements and task sequences.
- Move parts into position with hoists or cranes.
- All other tasks as requested.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Blow Torches – Motorized cutting torches; Pattern cutting torches; Welding torches
- Gas welding or cutting equipment.
- Fork truck, overhead beam and jib cranes
- Use of Welding tools and equipment
- Welding jigs and fixtures
- Knowledge of different types of welds and weld symbols.
- All welders shall always wear appropriate welding hoods and company issued PPE when welding.
- Ability to work with assigned helpers to expedite the welding process.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77064: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Welding: 3 years (Preferred)
- certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person