Reporting directly to the President, you will work with our 6 locations to collect, monitor, and reconcile all Accounts Receivables. The successful candidate will have a strong attention to detail and be intrinsically motivated while providing support to the sales, finance and accounting staff.
- Place collection calls and record feedback.
- Send electronic invoices using QuickBooks and email.
- Receive credit/debit card payments and review for completeness and accuracy.
- Work with vendors such as the VA and WIOA to process payments for student with funded tuition.
- Identify and recommend resolution to potential issues arising from AR including terms granted and collection issues.
- Monitor discrepancies and prepare entries for corrections.
- Setup/review customer accounts in QuickBooks.
- Communicate with Management and individual locations regarding student issues and collections.
- Recommend accounts for write-off or placement with collection agency.
- Assist in developing student payment plans and monitoring they are being followed.
- Maintenance of student with fixed discounts.
- Assist with allowance for doubtful accounts.
- Supply aging report / AR report to Management and individual locations.
- Assist and contribute in special projects.
- Other tasks as assigned by the President.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Good interpersonal and customer service skills—being courteous, professional, and helpful are critical for this job. Being an active listener is a key quality. In addition, the ability to relay information accurately to others is important. Other key traits include:
- Computer literate.
- Experience with QuickBooks (online preferred) and credit card processing services.
- Good writing, analytical and problem‐solving skills.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, calculators, copiers and web-based applications.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy.
- Highly organized and flexible.
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines.
- Working knowledge of email, scheduling, spreadsheets and presentation software.
- High collection rate of current and past-due receivables
- Provide a positive, supportive, and professional atmosphere for students and instructors.
- Amazing customer service.
- Provide an accurate AR report weekly to Management and individual locations.
- Individual must sit for long periods of time at a desk
- Individual must be able to stand for hours at a time while attending events or performing speaking engagements
- Individual must be able to lift up to 25lbs to move supplies, course materials, marketing materials, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounts Receivable: 3 years (Preferred)