- Design and implement strategic plan for recruiting and selecting teachers and leaders to join the STEM Prep team.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with potential candidates through ongoing conversations, school-based events, and external job fairs.
- Oversee selection process to ensure a positive, smooth, and inspiring experience for candidates and current staff members.
- Evaluate candidates based on submitted materials, interviews, and site visit demonstrations; advise school teams of candidate strengths, gaps, and aspirations.
- Create online content and communications; maintain relevant pages of school website and social media accounts.
- Build partnerships with teacher training institutions – i.e. Teach for America, Relay Graduate School of Education, Nashville Teacher Residency.
- Maintain record of teachers’ licensure status; design and implement programs to ensure compliance to state and local licensure requirements.
Characteristics and Qualifications:
- A commitment to STEM Preparatory Academy and its values; an understanding of STEM Preparatory Academy’s mission and unwavering commitment to fulfill
- A self-starter interested in working in a fast-paced, startup environment that requires flexible
- A high level of personal integrity and
- An unwavering commitment to high academic achievement and high expectations of all
- A capacity to motivate and lead in order to yield the highest academic performance possible from all
- A team-oriented approach and the ability to effectively
- Ability to give constructive feedback to facilitate student growth and academic
- Openness to receive feedback on issues that will facilitate growth and achievement of both students and
- Experience in working with middle grades students in urban
- Evidence of advancing student achievement on state assessments required if candidate has prior teaching experience. If candidate does not have prior teaching experience, evidence of achieving ambitious goals required.
- Experience in working with English Language Learners preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Compensation: Compensation and benefits packages are highly competitive and exceed limits of local public school districts.
Job Type: Full-time