The Consultant will work with the Data Analytics Bureau (the “Bureau”) and the Division of the Chief Information Officer staff to assist with the build-out of the current OSC environment for both infrastructure and tools as they relate to data analytics and the necessary supporting technologies, such as data warehousing, business intelligence, statistical analysis, and data exchanges with external agencies/entities. Tasks will include:
- Reviewing and analyzing data analytics ETL environments and other external sources in order to design and architect a system communicating this information to Bureau staff and other OSC staff as necessary;
- Assisting with the implementation of data analytics architecture design to accept structured and unstructured datasets as they are acquired through the Bureau;
- Assisting with the implementation and migration of ETL environments, including fact and dimensional models as defined through user story business requirements;
- Assisting in Tableau/Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (“OBIEE”) dashboard design as defined by user story business requirements;
- Assisting with ETL processes of newly identified/acquired data into OSC’s secure data analytics environment; and
- Providing other data analytics development services as requested.
- Quals (mandatory and desirable)
The Consultant must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s of Science Degree, or equivalent four-year degree, in Computer Science or related information technology field. A Master’s or Doctorate in Computer Science or related IT field may be used to satisfy this requirement;
- A minimum of four years of experience developing and maintaining a data interchange system interfacing with a wide array of varying data sets including flat file, direct database connection, and eXtensible Markup Language (“XML”) transactions;
- A minimum of four years of experience working with ETL tools;
- A minimum of four years of experience data modeling;
- A minimum of four years of experience developing a data analytics ETL environment to support data analytics; and
- A minimum of four years of experience with Structured Query Language (“SQL”).
Will give preference to candidates with the following qualifications:
- One year of experience accessing XML files from Amazon Web Services;
- One year of experience in Tableau Server Administration;
- Two years of experience working with customers in data validation, troubleshooting, or collecting business requirements;
- Two satisfactorily completed statistics courses from an accredited college or one year of professional experience using statistics;
- Seven years of experience performing database development using SQL or Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (“PL/SQL”); and
- One year of experience developing a data analytics ETL environment to support Tableau visualizations.
The selected Consultant will be expected to start work on or after March 3, 2020.
110 State Street in Albany, NY. Occasional travel to meetings at other New York State agency offices located within the Capital Region may be required at OSC’s request.
- References (signed or unsigned)
- Other documents needed- cert, diploma, etc?
Copy of diploma and others per qualifications
The resume should clearly demonstrate that the candidate submitted meets all minimum qualifications
During the qualification process, candidates may be interviewed in-person at OSC’s offices in Albany, NY or via video conference. Telephone interviews will not be permitted. A candidate selected without an in-person interview during the qualification process may be subject to an on-site interview and other reviews to verify identity and qualifications upon their commencement of work.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $80.00 to $90.00 /hour
- database development using SQL or PL: 7 years (Required)
- developing and maintaining a data interchange system: 4 years (Required)
- eveloping a data analytics ETL environment: 4 years (Preferred)
- SQL: 4 years (Required)
- validation, troubleshooting, or collecting business reqs: 2 years (Required)
- data modeling: 4 years (Required)
- Tableau visualizations: 1 year (Required)
- ETL tools: 4 years (Required)
- XML via AWS: 1 year (Required)
- Tableau Server Administration: 1 year (Required)