Must be a hard working team player who is dependable and has a desire to lead, learn and contribute to the success of the team.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions may include but are not limited to: * Assist manager in all facets of the self-storage facility (detailed below); * Greet walk-in and telephone customers professionally; * Maintain a professional personal appearance; * Show and rent storage units * Perform sales and marketing requirements; * Clean and prepare all storage units that are vacated; * Collect all rents when due, accurately enter data into software system, and deposit funds on a daily basis; * Maintain the property in a clean, orderly and safe condition; * Enforce any rules governing the property; * Assist manager in performing all other managerial duties, and learn and implement any of Employer’s systems as they are directed; * Perform any other necessary duties that may arise from time to time at the direction of the Employer; * Convert telephone and walk-in inquiries into rentals; * Complete rental agreements and addendums accurately and enter into the computer; * Resolve customer/tenant problems effectively in a timely manner; * Collect past-due accounts (via phone/mail); * Handle accounts in lien process when necessary; * Complete and submit company forms and reports accurately; * Perform end-of-day closing and computer back-up procedures; * Monitor security system and investigate alarms; * Perform daily security check of facility (lock check/audit); * Monitor physical condition of facility and grounds (curb appeal); * Perform minor maintenance and custodial duties, * Keep office and restroom clean and orderly and keep merchandise stocked;
- Current/Valid Driver's License and dependable transportation.
- Able to successfully complete pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to communicate well verbally and in writing while collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
- Basic computer experience preferred. Candidate must be able to learn storage specific software.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit or stand for at least 8 hours per day * Must be able to walk entire property grounds for maintenance or tour purposes * Must be able to lift or move up to 35 lbs frequently * Must be able to perform general minor maintenance and custodial duties of the facility including but not limited to sweeping/mopping floors, changing HVAC filters, removing debris from vacated units, cleaning restrooms, removing scuff marks from walls and doors, picking up refuse on the property and removing weeds.
This is a full-time position. Weekend work will be required.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)