THIS JOB POSTING WILL AUTOMATICALLY CLOSE UPON THE RECEIPT OF 300 APPLICATIONS OR AT THE FINAL FILING DEADLINE, WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST
To direct vehicles to available parking spaces and to collect and account for parking fees in a municipal parking facility.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
General supervision is provided by a Parking Lot Supervisor. Indirect supervision may be provided by a Senior Parking Lot Attendant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Direct vehicles to available parking spaces in an off-street municipal parking facility.
- At an exit station, collect parking fees and record ticket validations.
- Operate automatic revenue control equipment.
- Issue and time-stamp validation tickets.
- Maintain exit station and perform routine repairs on parking lot equipment.
- Operate a cash register and make correct change as required.
- Provide general information and directions to the public in response to inquiries regarding the location of streets, buildings, and points of interest.
- Identify and report damaged or unsafe portions of a parking facility.
- Report accidents occurring in parking lot.
- Count, verify, and reconcile daily receipts obtained on an assigned shift.
- Provide training and assistance to less experienced employees as required.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Basic arithmetic and simple calculations.
- General courtesy in dealing with the public.
Experience and Education
- Operate a cash register and make accurate change.
- Compute parking fees and keep proper records of monetary transactions.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Deal courteously with others encountered in the normal course of work.
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be six months of full-time experience involving public contact and monetary transactions.
Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License at the time of appointment. Loss of the Class C License is cause for discipline. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to physical disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
THE SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Please note, the City of Sacramento's preferred method of communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders. All e-mail notifications can be accessed through the governmentjobs.com applicant inbox.
(Pass/Fail) – All applicants must complete and submit online a City of Sacramento employment application to the Employment Office by the final filing deadline, or 300 applications, whichever comes first
2. Screening Committee
- Employment applications must be submitted online; paper applications will not be accepted.
- Employment applications will be considered incomplete and will be disqualified:
- If applicants do not list current and past job-related experience in the "Work Experience" section. Note: Qualifying experience is based on 40 hours per week (pro-rated if less than 40 hours/week).
- If "see resume" is noted in the "Work Experience" section; a resume will not substitute for the information required in the "Work Experience" section.
: (Pass/Fail)– Human Resources will evaluate employment applications for the minimum qualifications stated on the job announcement.
3. Hiring Interview
: Those candidates determined to be the MOST QUALIFIED will be invited to participate in an interview process coordinated by the hiring department. There will be no eligible list established, as positions will be seasonal and/or part-time. A hiring interview is not guaranteed.
4. Conditional Hire:
Upon receipt of a conditional offer, the selected candidate must complete LiveScan / fingerprinting and receive Human Resources approval prior to receiving a start date from the Department.
For questions concerning this job announcement and the application process:
- Please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/Home/ApplicationGuide for a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to the application process.
- Visit the City of Sacramento Human Resources Department website at http://www.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Career-Opportunities;
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Call the Human Resources Department at (916) 808-5726; or
- Visit the Human Resources Department at Historic City Hall, 915 I Street, Plaza Level, Sacramento, CA 95814.