B&Z Logistics is a Trucking company located in Lake St. Louis, MO. We are seeking an experienced accounting person who will be responsible for a wide range of functions. This position reports to and supports the owner of the company. If you are interested in joining a busy, energetic and successful team, then this position was designed for you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Strong general ledger experience
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Payroll taxes
- Account reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Set up and maintain loans in QB
- Credit card reconciliations
- Prepare and make weekly, monthly payroll tax deposits
- Monthly Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Monthly payroll taxes
- Prepare quarterly taxes
- Prepare year end taxes (preferred)
- Be a great communicator
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- You must be able to think on your feet and use your initiative.
- You must possess excellent problem identification and resolution skills, be resourceful and possess the ability to track down answers.
- You must be a self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work under stress, meet deadlines and take direction
- Ability to innovate and create improvements on internal processes
- Adaptable to change and flexible
- You must be able to maintain a professional and confidential work environment.
- 2-3 years of recent progressive accounting experience is required
- Payroll tax filing experience required
- Cash flow knowledge
- QuickBooks knowledge is required - certification would be a plus
Casual work environment. Hours are 7:30-4 with 30 min for lunch or 7-4 with 1hour for lunch
1 week vacation after 1 year, 2 weeks after 2 years
Health, Dental and Vision insurance available
Company Match IRA
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $47,000.00 /year
- Quickbooks: 2 years (Preferred)
- General Ledger: 1 year (Preferred)
- bookkeeping: 2 years (Preferred)