This is a global role is responsible for leading a strategic, integrated and proactive approach across all communications and marketing activity to maximize the reach and impact of each initiative. Working in conjunction across multiple stakeholders (Senior Director of Ophthalmology Marketing, Director of Optometry Marketing, Senior Director of EMEA Market Development, and Senior Director of Sales), oversee the creation of all marketing materials and sales tools for the Optovue product portfolio on a worldwide basis.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Worldwide Trade Shows and Events
- Oversees the activity of the Events Team to ensure tradeshows and other requested events are efficiently planned and implemented within budget.
- Develops communication objectives and strategies and determines and manages the marketing communications budget and the various production schedules.
- Partners with product marketing to develop tradeshow objectives and strategies with respect to promotional activities, messaging development of graphics and other collateral materials.
- Coordinates the development of tradeshow graphics and manages vendors accordingly to meet deadlines and avoid rush charges.
- Promotional Material
- Recommend and execute promotion plans. Provide channel strategy expertise to teams and recommend most effective ways to deploy assets and materials to achieve marketing objective.
- Manages the development of marketing and sales / promotional materials to effectively promote and sell within the approved budget.
- Coordinates and executes all photoshoots including vendor selection and onsite management.
- Coordinate translation of marketing materials, ads and videos as appropriate.
- Organizes and maintains cloud-based management of brand assets in a logical and easily accessible manner, including clinical images and reports.
- Keeps abreast of competition and its collateral, advertising, and marketing efforts and constantly evolving digital and marketing trends. Tracks and publishes a collection of competitors’ collateral and publicity on a quarterly basis.
- Ensures that all KOL slide decks are updated with Optovue’s latest technology, messaging, positioning and branding.
- Provides direction to vendors that ensures quality production and timely completion of projects
- Quality checks product at all stages of development and production process, applies changes where required, and provides final approval to ensure quality of finished material being produced.
- Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Oversees the activity of the Sr. Manager of Digital and Social Media Marketing to ensure the implementation of a proactive social media and digital marketing strategy globally.
- Oversee the creation of online and print advertising, web site design and content development, press releases, videos and other digital marketing collateral, for supporting the assigned product categories, in collaboration with the Product Marketing Team and with the support of external agencies.
- Reviews monthly analytic metrics across all digital channels and outlets, recommends changes to boost lead generation.
- Sales Team Support
- Responds to requests from individual sales reps for event invitations, promotional leave behinds, advertisements and pre-show marketing materials.
- Updates the sales collateral templates on a regular basis to ensure messages are compelling and address changing competitive threats.Provides updated template forms to SFDC administrator for posting in SFDC.
- Regularly updates the available material in the company’s sales enablement platform, Showpad, to ensure only current materials are provided for both US and OUS teams.
- Provides regular updates via the existing newsletter communications about the creation of new materials and obsolescence of outdated materials.
- Ensures that all customer-facing material adheres to Optovue’s regulatory and quality standards. Manages the process of obtaining regulatory approval via Windchill, the company’s electronic document control platform.
- Ensures that all customer-facing material adheres to Optovue’s brand guidelines and reflects approved messaging points. Maintains the company’s Brand Guidelines Summary document to reflect approved updates.
- Manages the accounting processes related to vendor payment.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, or marketing or equivalent
- 8+ years of related work experience with a complete understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Comprehensive knowledge and application of business concepts, procedures and practices.
- Prior experience managing direct reports.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of business functions and cross group dependencies relationships. Is recognized as an expert in work group.
- Enthusiastic team player, with proven ability to work collaboratively with sales team and other internal stakeholders is a must
- Strong background in working with customers and KOLs
- Ability to lead and facilitate group meetings to achieve consensus
- Must be well organized and can meet strict deadlines and perform under pressure in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient computer skills, which include Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, as well as other marketing software such as HubSpot or WordPress
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with government regulations.
- Experience in a regulated medical industry a must.
- Experience in eye care a plus.
- Direct digital marketing experience a plus, as is a full understanding of SEO/SEM
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 15%. Some evening and weekend travel/commitments required, generally around medical trade shows and meetings.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing Communications: 8 years (Preferred)