Innovative Discovery is seeking candidates for a long-term position with the U.S. government. This position will require obtaining minimum security clearance. The client will assist with obtaining the clearance. In order to obtain clearance a criminal and civil (including credit) background check will be required. Additionally, in order to obtain clearance you must also be a US citizen.
Innovative is seeking a User Support Specialist / Help Desk to work with our client, a government contractor, with a passion for all phases of litigation support and a desire to lead challenging projects for the U.S. Government. Our client is fast-paced group tasked to provide innovative solutions by utilizing technologies that are defensible, efficient, and that present our customers with the knowledge they need to defend their positions. Our client enjoys a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts of their organization. Our client is customer-obsessed and always strive to provide the best professional experience while driving the most value.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Supervised by Help Desk Supervisor.
- Provides telephone help desk and on-site support to end users.
- Primarily supports litigation support applications, but may also support other office applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and graphics packages.
- Provides assistance in using hardware and software.
- Performs help desk functions, such as answering and responding to user phone calls.
- Assists users in constructing simple queries and reports and helps solve routine problems related to accessing databases.
- Installs and troubleshoots litigations support packages on user desktops.
- Provides basic and advanced training in database access and usage.
- Organizes, prepares, schedules, and conducts training sessions for attorneys, paralegals, Government Case Managers, client agency staff, and/or other Contractor employees.
- Prepares training approach and materials for user level training on specific databases or specific software packages, including word processing and other office automation packages.
- Arranges for use of training facilities, for access to appropriate applications, etc.
- Consistently deliver well-articulated, balanced, and informed communications.
- Participate in defining and maintaining the processes and tools that allow team and client to meet client needs.
Develop strong partnerships with the clients and supporting Leidos team leaders to provide stellar customer service.
- Establish or refine processes and delivery methodologies to enable successful delivery on project goals.
- Serve as a key stakeholder in the development of technical project documentation.
- Establish collaborative relationships with co-workers and team members.
Assist client and management in other client service tasks as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience providing direct end-user support for the applications being supported, including both telephone support and on-site assistance to users.
Ability to obtain certifications by software providers as necessary.
Prior teaching/training experience involving computer applications, preferably database, imaging, or other automated litigation support applications is strongly preferred.
Must have hands-on familiarity with the network, telecommunications, and operating systems environment of the applications being supported.
Prior experience in automated litigation support is preferred.
Experience with DOJ office automation environments is extremely helpful
Must be an expert user of the Government's word processing, spreadsheet, and email systems.
Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
Pleasant telephone manner important.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile work environment.
Must be able to work onsite in Washington, D.C. Monday – Friday, 8hours per day, 10am-6pm
Must be a U.S. Citizen
The ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (active clearance preferred)
No travel required
BS/BA degree valued.