Expanding State Of The Art Article 28 Licensed facility in the Fordham Area of the Bronx and Washington Heights Is seeking a Physician Assistant to join our interdisciplinary team of highly skilled professionals.
Licensed Physician Assistant. Must be interested in Pain Management. We sponsor cadaver training for Joint Injection under ultrasound, Trigger Point Injection and pain injection.
This is primarily an Interventional Pain Management Practice Under the supervision of Two Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation MD provide care to patients. There is another pain management Physician Assistant who will assist in the transition phase.
- Takes, records and reviews medical and social history
- Performs physical exams
- Reviews laboratory data and orders laboratory tests as appropriate.
- Perform screening tests as indicated.
- Evaluate patients based on findings and prescribes treatment regimen, in accordance with established medical protocols.
- Assess patients and recommends/prescribes appropriate contraceptive method with counseling and/or referral, as indicated.
- Participates in a team approach to patient care being cognizant of and responsive to the needs of nursing, social services and medical personnel as each disciple provides care to patient.
- Writes medical orders and prescriptions for patients in accordance to the current state regulations for licensed nurse practitioners.
- Participates in staff training and education.
- Acts as a resource person for staff regarding health-related topics.
- Recognizes an on-going responsibility to work for the continuing improvement in the overall functioning of her/his specific area of patient care and makes appropriate suggestions in this regard.
- Participates in Quality Assurance functions as requested.
- Have regular supervisory sessions with Collaborative practice physician which includes chart review
Job Type: Full-time
- Physician Assistant, Physiatry/ Pain Management Or Orthopedics: 2 years (Required)