Medical receptionist duties
- Welcoming patients and visitors, answering the telephone and answering any inquiries.
- Scheduling appointments and keep those appointments on time.
- Assisting patients with completing necessary forms and documentation.
- Keeping a clean and calm reception area.
- Processing billing and payments, using medical software
- Liaising with Medicare and private health funds
- Faxing, scanning, filing, and mailing documentation.
- Comforting distressed patients – this may range from simply fixing any appointment issues that may arise, through to being the voice of comfort during times of extreme stress and emergency.
- Equipment sterilisation and cleaning.
- Monitoring and ordering stationery and clinical supplies.
- Booking and organising staff and doctor meetings.
- Maintaining information confidentiality at all times.
- Liaising with other medical departments such as radiologists, medical specialists or psychologists with professionalism and discretion.
Ohimaa is a full service medical/esthetic and laser pain management practice that provides wellness and medical care to adults and children. We offer many cutting edge technologies and our team members will be our frontline in educating and helping our patient members.
Medical Receptionist Job Responsibilities:
- Serves patients by greeting and helping them, scheduling appointments, and maintaining records and accounts.
- Welcomes patients and visitors in person or on the telephone, and answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival, reviewing service delivery compared to schedule, and reminding providers of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties, answering patients’ questions, and maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information, recording and collecting patient charges, controlling credit extended to patients, and filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies, and scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of medical, personal, and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Our hours are 10am to 6pm Mon – Friday and currently we are looking at offering health care benefits with our wages.
Medical Receptionist Skills / Qualifications:
- Telephone skills
- Customer service
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Word processing
- Quality focus
Medical Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Vital Signs
- Blood Draw
- IV insertion
- Basic Medical Terminology
- Basic Medical Coding / Billing
- Preparing Rooms for Procedures
- Time Management
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- University/college degree is an asset or experience highly desired.
- Familiarity with phone systems and EMR software
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office software preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 - $13.00 per hour
- Private practice
- Primary Care
- Urgent Care
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Barrigada, GU 96913: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Medical terminology: 1 year (Required)
- Computer skills: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person