Human Resources Assistant
Administration – Human Resources
Human Resources Manager
Assist with the daily operation of all Human Resources functions and provides general administrative support to the HR Department.
- Assist with posting open positions, processing applications, tracking and screening resumes, scheduling interviews, checking references, coordinating pre-employment screening and conducting background checks.
- Assist with the HRIS system administration which includes maintaining the security of the system, accuracy and integrity of all data entered, ensuring effective documentation management, collaboration with payroll administration, manager and employee self-service and engagement, troubleshoot problems and work with our HRIS vendors to ensure that the system is operational.
- Creates, maintains and updates personnel records and filing systems while ensuring confidentiality and compliance with applicable labor laws and regulations.
- Assist with the administration of the employee benefits program (i.e. health benefits, commuter benefits, Workers’ Compensation and retirement plan) including enrolling, processing changes, maintaining records, filing claims, coordinating open enrollments and reconciling invoices from benefit plan providers.
- Responds to inquiries from employees and processes employment information/verification requests consistent with agency policies and confidentiality requirements.
- Prepares new hire documents, orientation packages and employee badges. Assists with new hire orientations and employee relations programs.
- Coordinate with the ordering of regulatory notices and pamphlets; ensures compliance with current posting requirements.
- Performs data entry, processes payment requests, schedules meetings, orders supplies and other administrative tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least two year of administrative experience. HR administrative experience with recruitment, payroll, benefits administration, HRIS and general HR support is a plus.
- Experience with ADP HR Benefits preferred.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential human resources information.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Bilingual and bi-literate in English and Cantonese, Mandarin a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office, Chinese Word Processing and the internet.
- Customer Service experience is a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a multiple range of medical and dental plans, commuter benefits, flexible benefits plan, retirement plan, paid time off, paid holiday, and etc.
Please go to www.selfhelpelderly.org to fill out an online application.
Qualified applicants with criminal history will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
06.18 An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer