Sample Account Clerk Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Account Clerk job summary
As an account clerk for our company you will have a pivotal role in ongoing operations. We are in need of a seasoned professional who has a track record of accounting proficiency, both manually as well as via software. Since relationship-building and front-facing customer interaction are key components to succeed in this role, the qualified candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills. Experience working in the consumer goods industry is ideal but not necessary. An associate degree is required, although a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Account Clerk responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Account Clerk responsibilities
- Process invoices, including the reconciliation of discrepancies
- Proactively build and maintain vendor relationships
- Weekly processing of expense reports
- Code all invoices in the general ledger
- Manage weekly ACH payments
- Manage weekly ACH payments Create bi-weekly status reports
Account Clerk requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Account Clerk requirements
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Exemplary knowledge of Excel and QuickBooks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines