Sample Account Executive Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Account Executive job summary
Our rapidly-expanding agency is in need of a highly experienced account executive. The qualified candidate will have prior experience working in an agency setting, preferably as a junior account coordinator or horizontally comparable position. A Bachelor's degree in communications is required for this position, as is 5+ years of experience. The account executive will take the lead on campaign projects, manager a small team of account managers and account associates, and be able to measure qualitative and quantitative campaign success.
Account Executive responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Account Executive responsibilities
- Create innovative and cutting-edge campaigns for digital clients
- Weekly participate in discover and strategy meetings
- Actively contribute to the creation of new campaigns
- Direct reporting to the senior account executive
- Management of subordinates within your campaign team
- Ad hoc contributions to other agency campaigns
Account Executive requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Account Executive requirements
- 5+ years work experience in a similar setting
- Agency experience required
- Bachelor's degree in communication
- Portfolio of past campaigns
- Portfolio of qualitative and quantitative past results
- Prior experience as a team lead