Sample Accounting Clerk Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Accounting Clerk job summary
Our fast-paced property management company is in need of an accounting clerk. Prior experience working in the property management or hospitality industries is required. Because of the dynamic nature of our company, 3+ years of experience is non-negotiable. Qualified candidates with have a Bachelor's degree in an accounting or finance related field, although candidates with Associate's degrees in accounting and 5+ years of experience as an accounting clerk will be considered. We're looking for someone to join our team immediately, so clients with immediately availability will be given priority.
Accounting Clerk responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Accounting Clerk responsibilities
- Oversee past due accounts receivable
- Record and post monthly bank transfers
- Compile routine information by running system reports
- Assist accounting manager with filing tax returns
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations
- Perform clerical tasks
Accounting Clerk requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Accounting Clerk requirements
- Associate's degree +5 years of experience (if no Bachelor's degree)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exemplary knowledge of QuickBooks
- Prior experience in the property management or hospitality industries
- Excellent organizational skills