Sample Accounting Specialist Job Description
Writing a detailed job description is essential to attracting the right candidate for your open position. You can use this accounting specialist job description template to help you format your job listing and customize it to meet your specific requirements.
We are a leading global accounting firm with offices in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies such as Microsoft Corporation, Oracle, SAP, AXIS and others. As an industry leader, we have the ability to provide our clients with exceptional service and unparalleled value through innovative solutions that help them achieve their goals. The accounting specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of financial reporting including payroll processing, tax returns, audits and other related functions within various departments across the organization.
The accounting specialist is responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of all accounts receivables, cash flow, payroll and expenses. This position will be responsible to ensure that accurate records are maintained in accordance with company policies and procedures as well as internal controls. In addition, this individual must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal; ability to work independently or on team members while maintaining confidentiality regarding information about clients/customers. Must possess strong organizational skills including time management, problem solving, analytical thinking, critical thinking, decision making, organization and budgeting.
Detailed job duties include:
- Develop and maintain accounting systems for the company.
- Manage all aspects of a financial reporting system including budgeting, forecasting, reconciliations.
- Provide support to internal audit teams in order to ensure compliance with federal, state, local and other regulatory requirements; assist with preparation of monthly reports on accounts payable (including payroll) as well as quarterly statements.
- Assign duties related or assigned by management at various levels within the organization: accountable accounting specialist (AAS), accountant manager, auditor, project management consultant, finance director.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a financial analyst with an accounting firm preferred; MBA is highly desirable but not required
- Experience working on multiple projects and/or project teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Must be detail oriented
- Comfortable using spreadsheet software such as Ascend, Tableau, etc.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase plan with company matching programs
- Life insurance plans for employees including short-term disability, long-term disability, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability, health saving accounts, retirement savings accounts
- Flexible spending accounts