Sample Activities Director Job Description
An activities director job description template provides information about specific job duties, as well as the qualifications and experience you may be looking for in a candidate. This template will guide employers as they create their job listing, and it will provide applicants with a clear picture of what a job in this position entails. The activities director job description should provide enough information for a candidate to decide if they are interested in applying. Use this template as a guide as you create your job listing for an activities director position.
We are a growing, dynamic and innovative company that is looking for an activities director to join our team. This role will be responsible for the development of activities plans, budgets, schedules and other strategic initiatives in support of all programs within the organization.
The activities director is responsible for the coordination of all activities related to a variety and diverse range, including: planning, organizing, managing, monitoring, and reporting on various aspects of programs. This includes but not limited to; developing plans, budgets, schedules and other resources that will support program development, implementation and maintenance.
Detailed job duties include:
- Manages the activities of a group or organization.
- Develops and implements programs, plans and procedures to ensure that all activities are delivered in an efficient manner.
- Provides leadership for program development initiatives including planning, implementation, evaluation, management and execution.
- Assures compliance with state/federal regulations regarding programming, budgeting and other aspects of project delivery.
- Coordinates projects across multiple departments within the organization as well as external partners on various levels throughout the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an activities director or equivalent work experience, with at least 3 years working directly within the organization and/or on-site activities management team (either direct supervisory or administrative)
- Experience leading large teams to achieve goals through effective communication skills; ability for leadership development is required
- Strong organizational skills including strong time management abilities that require attention to detail while maintaining high levels of quality control
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously without being limited by deadlines
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Life insurance with company match for full time employees