Sample Administrative Clerk Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Administrative Clerk job summary
Our quickly-growing professional firm has an immediate need for an entry level administrative clerk to assist in the personnel department. The qualified candidate will have strong communication skills and proficiency operating a variety of office technology. Ideally we need someone who is high energy with an ability work work well with a diverse population. Previous experience working in a professional firm in an urban area or in a personnel department is preferred. Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED. To align with our growing a diverse workforce: Women, Veterans and those who are differently-abled are encouraged to apply. We are an EEO employer.
Administrative Clerk responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Administrative Clerk responsibilities
- Accept and process FOIA requests
- Accurately file and track training documents
- Maintain positive communication with clients and staff
- Support the Administrative Coordinator with clerical duties
- Process and distribute mail
- Enter and access data in the Outlook calendar
Administrative Clerk requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Administrative Clerk requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- High school diploma or GED required
- Excellent attention to detail in filing
- Superior customer service focus
- Able to type 40 wpm
- Working knowledge of various office technology