Sample Admissions Coordinator Job Description
As an employer, writing a clear job description that expresses what you are looking for in a candidate can be overwhelming as each position is different. The following Admissions Coordinator job description sample can be used and modified to fit your hiring needs. This sample should help you get started on writing a good job description and hire the right candidate for the job.
We are a family-owned and operated business, with over 50 years of experience in the hospitality industry. Our mission is to provide exceptional customer service through our innovative approach that allows us to deliver on all we do. As an admissions coordinator for one of New York City's top schools, you will be responsible for providing excellent guest service while maintaining high standards of professionalism and integrity at all times. You'll also assist other departments by supporting their efforts as needed. This position requires strong communication skills both written and verbal; ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of staff members (including students).
The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for the day-today operations of admissions and ticketing. This includes assisting with all aspects related to admissions, ticketing, registration, and other administrative duties as assigned by management in accordance with departmental policies and procedures; providing assistance on behalf of the office staff including but not limited at entrances/exit doors (e.g: gatekeepers, security guards) while maintaining an efficient flow of information through various channels such as assisting with entry process from beginning to end. Maintain accurate records regarding attendance, tickets, etc. Detailed job duties include:
* Assist in the preparation of admissions forms, including ad-hoc reports and other correspondence.
- Coordinate with staff to ensure that all necessary information is communicated on time and within budget.
- Provide assistance for ticketing process by providing accurate tickets as needed; assist with registration processes when appropriate.
- Maintain records related only to admissions procedures : attendance record checks, etc...
- Anchor entrances through phone calls or email messages from customers at various times throughout the day.
- Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years' direct sales/marketing, marketing and/or admissions management experience preferred; prior supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Ability for working independently.
- Strong communication skills including presentation abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Able to travel up to 50%.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations such as fractions, percentages, decimals.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with Company Matching Programs.
- Life Insurance.
- Retirement Saving Plans.
- Health Insurance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Vacation Pay.
- Holiday Pay for your family members or friends.
- A great place to work!
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping people find their next career in the entertainment industry.
- If you have experience working as an admissions coordinator at a college or university, please apply online today!