Sample Advertising Manager Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Advertising Manager job summary
Our growing agency is in need of an advertising manager. The qualified candidate must have 5+ years working in an agency setting. A Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, public relations, or communications is required. Qualified candidates should be prepared to show a portfolio from past campaign work. The right hire will be driven, communicative, and able to work autonomously without forgetting the importance of a team. We are looking to fill this position quickly, so candidates with immediate availability are preferred.
Advertising Manager responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Advertising Manager responsibilities
- Manage relationships between clients and team members
- Develop creative timetables
- Effectively communicate with clients
- Bring innovative ideas to team meetings
- Work with digital marketing team to develop digital marketing campaigns
- Work with social media team to develop and execute social media marketing campaigns
Advertising Manager requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Advertising Manager requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a communications field
- Positively tenacious attitude
- Ability to close deals with potential clients
- Creative and innovative outlook
- Proficiency with the Adobe product suite
- Prior experience working in an agency setting