Sample Air Traffic Controller Job Description
Writing a job description for an air traffic controller can be challenging because the responsibilities of the job vary greatly. The following air traffic controller job description template can be used as a guide for writing a good job posting and attracting qualified candidates.
Air Traffic Controller (ATC) is a leading global aviation company with operations in the United States, Canada and Australia. ATC provides air traffic control services to U.S. government agencies including Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Department of Defense (DoD), National Aerospace Systems, US Air Force, Navy, and other federal agencies as needed for aircraft maintenance and operation.
The air traffic controller is responsible for the operation of aircraft in a safe and efficient manner. This position will be responsible to provide air traffic control services, including but not limited to: flight control, ground operations, landings, emergency response, navigational systems, radar, communications and other related duties as assigned by the Chief Pilot or Director of Operations. In addition, this role may also include providing technical support to CPO/DPO personnel on various assignments such that they are required to perform routine maintenance tasks. Detailed job duties include:
* Assist in the maintenance of aircraft and equipment, including avionics, radar, radio, ground control systems, air traffic control systems and other related functions.
- Maintain accurate records for all assigned aircraft/aircraft operations as well to ensure that they are operating safely at all times.
- Assure proper operation of Air Traffic Control Systems (ATCS) within established timeframes; maintain current knowledge on FAA regulations regarding aviation safety and operational procedures.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must have the ability of working in an air traffic control environment with minimal supervision
- Ability for work on multiple aircraft at one time
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to operate all types (including ground-based) of aircraft
- Familiarity with Air Traffic Control Systems preferred but not required
- High School Diploma/GED is desired
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan with company match for employees who are eligible to participate in the company's short-term disability insurance program