Sample Alarm Technician Job Description
A detailed job description is an essential tool for communicating the requirements of a position to applicants and hiring managers. This alarm technician job description sample can be used as a template to help you format your job listing and customize it to meet your specific requirements.
We are a leading provider of alarm systems and services to the residential, commercial, industrial and government sectors. Our mission is to provide our customers with an exceptional experience by providing them with high-quality service while maintaining their privacy. As a company we believe in creating a safe environment for all employees through education, training and professional development. The team at Alarm Systems has been dedicated to making sure that every employee receives quality customer service from us. This includes monitoring equipment malfunctioning on site.
The alarm technician will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of alarm systems. This includes monitoring all types or levels in a residential building to ensure that they are working properly. They must have excellent communication skills with customers as well as the ability/confidence to work independently on projects. Must possess basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) is required. Qualifications include a high school diploma or GED equivalent plus 2 years of experience in an emergency response environment.
Detailed job duties include:
- Performs alarm system and monitoring of the building.
- Monitors, records and reports all equipment malfunctions to supervisor or manager in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assigns work orders for repairs as needed by supervisor/manager; performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains accurate logbooks on each job performed.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must have the ability of working in an office environment with minimal supervision
- Ability for standing on ladders or scaffolding up to 10 feet away from work area
- Able to operate alarm systems including: fire alarm system, smoke alarm system, security alarm system, emergency response system, fire alarm system, security systems, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Life insurance with company match for full time employees
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)