Sample Apprentice Electrician Job Description
A good job description is a critical component in attracting and hiring the best applicants for a job. Use this apprentice electrician job description sample to ensure that you include all the relevant details in your job description. This sample can be used as a template to create a customized job description that will help you share exactly what the job entails and attract the right candidates.
We are a family owned and operated electrical contractor with over 50 years of experience. Our company has been in business since 1932, providing quality service to our customers through the use of various tools and equipment including electric drills, power tools, cable cutters and other hand tools. The company is currently seeking an apprentice electrician for a new construction project. This position will be responsible for installing all types or models (including but not limited to; gas, electric, diesel) as well as performing minor repairs on existing buildings.
The apprentice electrician is responsible for the electrical installation and maintenance of a variety of electric systems. This includes: installing, troubleshooting and maintaining circuits in residential and commercial buildings as well as performing minor repairs to existing equipment or new construction projects. In addition, this position will be responsible for providing technical support to other electricians on site including but not limited to; wiring, transformers, switches and power lines. As an apprentice electrician, you must have experience with all types/model'd products such that they are used by contractors, building structures and utilities. You should also know how to read blueprints.
Detailed job duties include:
- Performs electrical work in the field.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and operating at proper levels, including but not limited to: wiring harnessed or unpowered; power tools used for electric transmission systems; wire harnessing/troubleshooting of transformers (including voltage regulator) on residential and commercial projects with high potential hazards such as fire, explosion, etc.
- Maintains accurate records regarding job duties performed by electricians assigned to this position.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Able to work in all weather conditions, including heat and cold; extreme temperatures are often required for this position
- Possesses excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing as well on telephone lines/internet
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Life insurance with a company match for full time employees
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)