Sample Apprentice Plumber Job Description
Apprentice plumber job descriptions may include a variety of information such as the job title, job type, job location, salary information and a brief overview of the job duties and responsibilities. The apprentice plumber job description should describe the actions needed to succeed in the position and the skills that are important to performing the job.
We are a family owned and operated plumbing company. Our mission is to provide quality, affordable plumbing services for our customers in the area. As an apprentice plumber you will be responsible for installing all types of plumbing systems including gas-fired, electric, water, sewer, steam and oil related equipment. You must have experience with both residential and commercial plumbing as well as electrical installation or repair work. This position requires some travel within the city (up to 10 hours per day).
The apprentice plumber is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of plumbing systems. This includes a variety in different types of plumbing equipment including: gas-fired, electric, water and sewer. The apprentice plumber will be responsible to perform all aspects related to installing new or replacement pipes as well as performing other duties assigned by management.
Detailed job duties include:
- Performs all plumbing work in accordance with company standards.
- Ensures that the job is completed on time and within budget, including scheduling for repairs to be performed by supervisor or manager as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned (eg: cleaning of fixtures, fittings, etc).
- Maintains proper records regarding maintenance/repairs required at completion of each project.
- Assures compliance with applicable state laws concerning water quality control procedures when performing routine inspections, such as auditing programs, may be conducted, prioritizing activities from start-up through finish.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills, including the use of hand tools as well as basic plumbing equipment such that is used for water treatment systems
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external customers; ability/willingness to travel up to 50% on weekends or holidays when needed by company requirements
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance
- Paid holidays and vacations as needed for apprentice plumbers
- Flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of our customers