Sample Area Representative Job Description
Writing a detailed job description is essential to attracting the right candidate for your open position. You can use this area representative job description template to help you format your job listing and customize it to meet your specific requirements.
We are a growing, dynamic and innovative company that is looking for an area representative to join our team. The area rep will be responsible for the delivery of customer service in all areas of the business including sales, marketing, operations, logistics, finance and accounting. This position requires excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal skills as well as ability/confidence to work independently or collaboratively within a team environment. You must have experience working on multiple projects at once; you should also possess exceptional organizational skills (ie presentation skills).
The area representative is responsible for assisting the local office in providing customer service to customers. This includes, but not limited to: answering phone calls and responding directly to inquiries from clients; managing telephone calls with appropriate personnel; maintaining accurate records of all sales transactions.
Detailed job duties include:
- Provides customer service to customers by delivering and maintaining high quality products, services and materials.
- Assigning duties as assigned or required for the area of responsibility (e.g: salesperson/representative) in accordance with company policies and procedures; providing information on product availability, pricing, etc.
- Analyzes client needs through phone calls, emails and other forms that are appropriate to their location(s).
- Reviews all applicable documents including but not limited solely to invoices, receipts and billing statements.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills, including the ability of working with people from different backgrounds is required for this position; experience may be substituted by education or training as needed.
- Strong communication skills are essential (written and verbal)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Employee stock purchase plan with company match for employees who are eligible to participate in the company's employee stock purchase plan
- Life insurance
- Retirement savings account, with an employer match of up to $1000 per year on top of your current premium amount