Sample Armed Security Officer Job Description
A well-written security officer job description can help you attract and recruit the right candidate for your open position. You can use this armed security officer job description sample to help you format your job listing and customize it to meet your specific requirements.
We are a family owned and operated security company with over 50 years of experience. Our mission is to provide the highest level of customer service, providing exceptional customer service through our employees who work hard for us. As an armed security officer you will be responsible for protecting your own life as well as those around and guarding against theft or loss. You must have excellent communication skills that allow you to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. This position requires regular standing up/walking throughout all shifts including weekends, holidays and special events.
The armed security officer is responsible for providing security and protection to the public, employees, visitors and property. This includes assisting in patrolling buildings, building entrances, parking lots, etc. as well as performing other duties assigned by management or supervisory staff. In addition, this position may be required with some travel within the state. Must have a valid drivers license; ability/willingness to obtain one must pass pre-employment drug screen prior to employment start date(s).
Detailed job duties include:
- Assist in the security of buildings, public areas and other locations.
- Ensure that all personnel are properly trained to perform their duties as well as comply with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding information provided by clients or employees.
- Respond to emergency situations on an ongoing basis including but not limited solely to: fire, theft, criminal activity, etc.
- Report any suspicious activity to appropriate authorities within the assigned area.
- Report any incidents/accidents immediately upon request for assistance from supervisory staff (either directly or through direct supervision).
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record with no more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years, or any other offense that may result from an accident while on duty as defined by law
- Ability to read, write, speak English fluently; ability for speaking clearly both verbally and written (both oral)
- Strong organizational skills including good time management abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work independently without direct supervision
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency is required
- Maintains accurate records
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Health saving account (HSA)
- Retirement plan with company match for full time employees
- Life insurance: Short-Term Disability/Dental Accident Insurance
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible spending account (FSA), including paid holidays
- Monthly bonuses
- Short-term disability insurance available to all employees as well as other benefits such as needed by law or regulation