Sample Art Director Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Art Director job summary
Our graphic design agency is looking for a contract art director to fill in during the existing art director's maternity leave. This 6-month contract will involve taking on new projects as well as continuing work on existing campaigns. Since we work with both digital and print media, a variety of experience with visual design is required. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in an artistic field are preferred, although any candidate with an exceptional portfolio will be considered for this position.
Art Director responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Art Director responsibilities
- Design campaigns as per client specifications
- Communicate directly with clients
- Develop innovative visual ideas
- Maintain a portfolio of agency art
- Conduct weekly meetings with graphic designer subordinates
- Attract new clientele
Art Director requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Art Director requirements
- Bachelor's degree in an artist field preferred
- Incredible art portfolio required
- Experience in both traditional and digital media
- Excellent client communication skills
- Ability to lead a team to success
- Quick integration within a temporary role