Sample Assistant Bookkeeper Job Description
An effective job description is a clear, concise document that will help you find the best person for the job. A well-written assistant bookkeeper job description template can give job-seekers a good idea of the duties and responsibilities of the specific position. An efficient job description will attract qualified candidates. The following assistant bookkeeper sample job description provides a well-written overview of the position and can be used for filling open positions.
We are a leading provider of high-quality, affordable and quality bookkeeping services to the financial institutions in our region. Our mission is to provide an exceptional customer experience by offering top-notch service that exceeds expectations for both our clients and their customers. As a company, we believe you can be confident with your work as well as have fun while doing it.
The assistant bookkeeper is responsible for the daily operations of a bookkeeping department. This includes: keeping books organized, maintaining accurate records and filing in all types of electronic systems; checking inventory levels to ensure accuracy when making changes or updating information as needed; cleaning office furniture/offices (eg, computers) with proper supplies. High school or equivalent (preferred) plus benefits package including medical insurance and dental insurance.
Detailed job duties include:
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Maintains accurate records of all books in the office, including but not limited to: checking book inventory for accuracy; cleaning paper stock as needed; maintaining proper filing cabinets with appropriate supplies/materials.
- Reviews invoices on an ongoing basis by reviewing receipts and other documents related to each bookkeeper's activities.
- Adheres to company policies regarding employee safety and security procedures while performing job duties such that they are performed without direct supervision.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Health saving account (HSA)
- Retirement plan with company match for full time employees
- Life insurance: flexible spending account (FSA)
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Monthly bonus program