Sample Assistant Property Manager Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Assistant Property Manager job summary
Our property management firm is looking for a well qualified assistant property manager to assist our property manager run our extensive list of properties. The right candidate will have great interpersonal skills and be very detailed oriented. The ideal candidate will have years of experience working with condo associations or apartment buildings. The candidate will have extensive knowledge of the leasing process as well as marketing knowledge and resident relations. Our company believes in providing renters with the best possible housing experience and rewarding employees who contribute to our vision. Join our family and apply today!
Assistant Property Manager responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Assistant Property Manager responsibilities
- Responsible for creating an excellent customer service environment
- Responsible for learning all procedures and policies to ensure strict adherence
- Take over when manager is not present at the property
- Create marketing campaigns to draw more residents to the desired property
- Take potential residents through the leasing process in an efficient manner
- Create bi-weekly status reports on occupancy rates and resident satisfaction
Assistant Property Manager requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Assistant Property Manager requirements
- High School or GED equivalent, College degree preferred
- Amazing communication skills, both verbal and written
- Social media skills, including Facebook and Instagram
- Two years of experience working in the property management industry
- Knowledge of property management software, such as Yardi or Nexus
- Valid state driver's license