Sample Assistant Sales Manager Job Description
Writing a detailed job description is essential to attracting the right candidate for your open position. You can use this assistant sales manager job description template to help you format your job listing and customize it to meet your specific requirements.
We are a growing, fast-growing and innovative technology company that is looking for an assistant sales manager to join our team. This position will be responsible for managing the sales process of all new products we offer in addition as well as providing support with other duties related to marketing efforts such assisting director/salesperson or marketing coordinator. The ideal candidate must have experience working directly with customers at their home office; strong communication skills including verbal and written communications both internally and externally: ability to work effectively within a team environment while maintaining positive relationships across multiple departments.
The assistant sales manager is responsible for the overall sales and marketing of our products, services, and equipment. This position will be a key member in managing all aspects of customer service including: customer service, marketing, product development, inventory management. Assist with developing new business opportunities through direct selling, negotiation and other channels to increase revenue. Supporting the sales team by providing support on various projects such as training, development, implementation, and maintenance. Responsible for maintaining strong relationships with customers, vendors and suppliers while working closely with internal teams (eg, C-Suite).
Detailed job duties include:
- Develop and maintain sales pipelines for new business, re-sales and other opportunities.
- Manage the development of all marketing materials including: product descriptions, pricing, etc.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive sales growth in both existing and prospective customers.
- Work with sales managers on developing strategic plans that will help them achieve their goals while maintaining strong relationships with internal and external clients.
- Provide technical support to team members by providing training and mentoring as needed (eg., customer service skills).
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or finance
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience with a minimum 3 years as an assistant sales manager (or equivalent combination)
- Experience working directly with customers and other departments is preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently
- Must be detail-oriented
- Excellent organizational skills are essential for this position
- Good interpersonal skills will help facilitate the development of relationships within teams
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities; ability to develop effective rapport through interaction with all levels including management
- Team members
- Knowledgeable about Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase plan with company match for qualified employees
- Life insurance
- Retirement savings account
- Health insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Vacation pay
- Holiday pay
- Discounted sales tax credits