Sample Assistant Teacher Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Assistant Teacher job summary
Our school is looking for a caring and intelligent assistant teacher to assist our teachers in a growing school. The right candidate will have previous experience working with children; previous school experience is preferred. We are looking for a team player that is not afraid to step into any role to help our school out. The candidate must be fun and energetic to encourage our children to learn and grow as students. The ideal candidate will have no problem jumping into any classroom and controlling the children with ease.
Assistant Teacher responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Assistant Teacher responsibilities
- Provide documentation for student incidents
- Monitor detention hall and ensure students are under control
- Ability to work with students of all ages and learning level
- Assist teachers and principal with setting up classrooms and lecture hall for students
- Follow teacher's lesson plans to ensure students stay on track
- Identify problem behaviors and correct them
Assistant Teacher requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Assistant Teacher requirements
- Ability to pass background check and pass a drug test
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, college degree preferred
- Ability to interfere with students to stop physical altercations
- 2 years of experience working with children, classroom setting preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and contribute