Sample Attorney Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Attorney job summary
Our law firm is looking to for a driven and knowledgeable attorney to add to our growing legal team. The ideal candidate will have years of experience representing clients in court and giving them legal advice. We are looking for a team member that can handle the growing complexities of the legal system and ensure that our firm gives our clients the best possible legal advice and service. The right candidate will have excellent research skills and the ability to please any client's demands.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Attorney responsibilities
- Identify problem areas in any contracts that are advised upon
- Represent client in court professionally
- Investigate legal claims against clients to defend in court
- Communicate with clients regarding their case
- Create case strategies to ensure the best possible outcomes for clients
- Develop relationships with clients
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Attorney requirements
- J.D. degree is required
- Research, writing, and analytical skills
- 3+ Years of litigation experience
- Admitted to the state bar of current residence
- Negotiation skills and experience
- Written and verbal communication skills