Sample Auto Body Technician Job Description
A well-written job description can help you attract the right candidates for your open position. Use this auto body technician job description sample to help you write a job description that will attract the right candidates for your open position.
We are a family owned and operated auto body shop in the San Diego area. Our goal is to provide our customers with an exceptional experience that will allow them to be their best self-starter, while maintaining quality standards of service. The company has been providing automotive repair services for over 30 years.
The auto body technician is responsible for the repair and maintenance of auto body parts, including but not limited to: tires, brakes, calipers, shock absorbers, windshield wipers, exhaust systems, engine compartments, suspensions, etc. This position requires an individual with experience in automotive body work as well as knowledge of all aspects associated with vehicle repairs such As needed this person will be required by state law or local laws to perform job duties that are consistent with company standards.
Detailed job duties include:
- Performs all body shop and auto body repair work as directed by the mechanic.
- Repairs and maintains vehicle interior to ensure a safe working environment for customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintains proper inventory of parts needed for job completion.
- Adheres to safety standards when performing tasks such that they are not overly complex (ie: checking fluid levels, cleaning windows/doors, etc).
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and work in all weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability for working with people of different backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Two years experience as an auto body technician preferred but not required
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Life insurance with a company match for full time employees
- Employee assistance program
- Health saving account
- Retirement plan
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Relocation assistance program available to eligible employees as needed