Sample Auto Mechanic Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Auto Mechanic job summary
Our company is in need of an experienced auto mechanic to fix client's cars and ensure that they are receiving the highest level of service. The right candidate will have great mechanical instincts as well as the ability to diagnose any vehicle problem. Our company is looking for a team player that will contribute to the team in many different ways and create long term relationships with clients. The ideal candidate will have years of experience working on cars. The auto mechanic will also have great problem solving skills to fix any client's car.
Auto Mechanic responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Auto Mechanic responsibilities
- Fix client's car to the specifications
- Communicate issues with the vehicle to the shop manager
- Inspect vehicles to determine what the problem is
- Perform maintenance on a client's vehicle
- Clean and lubricate vehicle parts
- Ensure safety protocols are followed
Auto Mechanic requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Auto Mechanic requirements
- Proven experience working with vehicles
- Knowledge of machinery, hydraulic, and electrical systems
- Ability to work on a team
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to problem solve
- Good physical strength and stamina