Sample Automotive Service Manager Job Description
An automotive service manager job description provides details about what the job requires, the skills and abilities needed, and the qualifications (education and experience) required to help you attract the right candidate.
We are a family owned and operated automotive service company with over 50 years of experience. Our team is dedicated to providing the highest quality customer service in our industry, while maintaining an excellent reputation for excellence at all times. As a service manager, you will be responsible for leading teams that provide exceptional customer service by managing their own schedules, scheduling appointments, training employees on how best to perform each job efficiently and developing relationships with customers. You must have strong communication skills as well as ability/confidence to work effectively under pressure from multiple departments within the organization.
The service manager is responsible for the overall management of all aspects of service and maintenance. This includes ensuring that customer satisfaction, quality control, performance improvement and efficiency are maintained at all times while maintaining an excellent level in both operational and financial results. In addition to this role, you will be responsible for managing employee productivity, training staff and providing ongoing support as needed. You must have strong communication skills with customers, vendors and other departments within the organization.
Detailed job duties include:
- Manage the day-today operations of a service department.
- Manage and manage all aspects of customer satisfaction, including sales, inventory management, training and performance improvement.
- Assure that customers are satisfied with their new or used vehicle as they enter into the dealership.
- Maintain accurate records for each repair performed by the service department.
- Provide leadership to support team members in meeting company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Bachelor's degree in automotive engineering, business administration or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a service manager with an automotive dealership preferred
- Experience working on multiple projects and managing teams is required (either directly or indirectly)
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure quality customer service while maintaining high standards for accuracy
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Employee assistance program with company match for employees who are eligible to participate in the company's short-term disability insurance plan that includes medical/dental coverage as well as life insurance options
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Retirement plan
- Employee referral bonus program available