Sample Babysitter Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Babysitter job summary
Our active family is in immediate need of an experienced CPR/first aid certified babysitter for our children ages 7, 5 and 18 months. The qualified candidate will have 5+ years experience in child care experience with younger children and toddlers. We are looking for someone who with a valid driver's license to transport our school age children to and from school daily and take our toddler to various scheduled activities during the day. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be skilled in household functions such as laundry and some light kitchen tasks. Personal references and a face-to-face interview will be required of finalists. Early childhood education courses a plus as is a love for teaching young children. This is a year round Monday-Friday position from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with summer camps in lieu of school in the Summer months.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Babysitter responsibilities
- Engage in appropriate age play with toddler and school agers
- Safely transport our young children to and from school
- Prepare meals and feed our children.
- Ensure a safe environment for our children
- Clean the kitchen and play areas after use
- Encourage and assist our school age children during homework time after school
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Babysitter requirements
- Certified in CPR and first aid required
- Early childhood education courses preferred
- driver's license required
- Able to clean the kitchen after meals
- Assist with laundry duties while at home
- Provide a safe environment for our children to play and do homework