Sample Back End Developer Job Description
Writing a clear job description that expresses what you are looking for in a candidate can be overwhelming as each position is different. The following back end developer job description sample can be used and modified to fit your hiring needs. This sample should help you get started on writing a good job description and hiring the right candidate for the job.
We are a leading provider of software development services to the healthcare industry. Our clients include hospitals, health care providers and other organizations that provide high-quality solutions for their customers. The company is currently seeking an experienced back end developer with experience in developing enterprise applications using Microsoft SQL Server or similar technologies. This position will be responsible for working closely with our client's IT team on projects from concept through completion. You must have strong technical skills as well as excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Detailed job duties include:
- Develop and maintain a robust back end development team.
- Develop, implement and support the back end development team (backend developers) in an Agile environment to ensure that all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Analyze project requirements for accuracy and completeness of work performed by developers as well
- Assist with developing new features/features or enhancements from existing codebases; develop test plans and tests using various tools such ASCII, JIRA, etc.
- Work closely with other teams across the organization to understand their needs and provide feedback regarding changes made during implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience with a backend development environment and/or application development
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2, MySQL 2012 AWS, Oracle Database, Azure Cloud Platform, JIRA and Jenkins
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401k with company match for full time employees
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Retirement saving plans
- Health benefits program
- Life insurance
- Vacation pay
- Holiday pay