Sample Back of House Team Member Job Description
Writing a back of house team member job description is a great way to help you attract candidates who are a good fit for your position. This job description template gives you a place to include all the relevant information a potential employee would need to know about a job opening. This description should be clear, concise and easy to read. The more professional an employer looks, the better the chances of attracting qualified applicants.
We are a family owned and operated company that has been in business for over 30 years. Our mission is to provide the best possible service. The team members in this position will be responsible for maintaining an orderly environment by performing duties such as cleaning rooms, changing linens, etc. You must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal). You should also possess good organizational skills which include ability working independently. Strong attention-to detail/tasking abilities required from time to time.
The back of house team member is responsible for the overall cleanliness and maintenance of our facility. This includes cleaning, sanitizing, organizing and maintaining all areas in the house, including but not limited to: kitchen/dining room, dining room and lounge area. Must also provide excellent customer service as we provide coffee, tea, snacks and drinks. In addition, this position will be responsible for helping with other duties assigned by management or supervisory staff on an ongoing basis.
Detailed job duties include:
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment for guests.
- Clean all public areas including the front of house, hallways and restrooms.
- Assure that guest rooms are cleaned in accordance with company policies to ensure cleanliness throughout their stay as well as maintaining an orderly appearance at all times while providing excellent customer service.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management or supervisory authority (eg: cleaning bathrooms, changing beds, vacuuming floors).
- Provide assistance when needed during emergencies; assist staff members who need help on any occasion within specified time frames.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Ability and willingness for continuous learning, both in person and over the phone; must have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff members (including supervisors)
- Strong customer service orientation: ability to communicate effectively verbally and written through various channels including email, telephone, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and capable of working independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Employee stock purchase plan with company match for employees who are eligible to participate in the company's retirement plan
- Flexible spending account (FSA), including paid holidays
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Retirement plan that includes medical/dental insurance options as well as other benefits