Sample Bakery Assistant Job Description
The bakery assistant job description template allows employers to outline the main responsibilities, skills and qualifications necessary for the job. This sample bakery assistant job description is a solid template to help you create a job description that attracts the right candidates to an open position. This template can be adapted and used for jobs in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, retail and healthcare.
We are a family owned bakery and bakery company that has been in business for over 30 years. Our mission is to provide the best bakery experience possible. As a bakery assistant, you will be responsible for maintaining all equipment at each location of your work area including but not limited to: ovens, microwaves, freezers, etc. You must have excellent communication skills as well as strong organizational skills which allows you to focus and achieve optimal productivity.
The bakery assistant is responsible for the daily operations of a bakery and will be responsible to ensure that all products are prepared in accordance with company standards. This includes: making breads; baking cakes; cleaning ovens; filling pans; mixing ingredients into mixers. As an individual who has experience working at a bakery (or similar), this position may also have some exposure to other food service industry professionals such as bakers, chefs, etc.
Detailed job duties include:
- Assist bakery assistant in the preparation of food for sale.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager; job description may be modified at any time and/or changed to meet business needs.
- Maintain cleanliness standards throughout the store, including but not limited to: cleaning countertops, shelves, etc; dusting floors, vacuuming walls and windowsills.
- Clean restrooms (including toilets) with soapy water daily according to Toll Free SOP.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must have the ability and willingness (or desire) for work in all types of weather conditions, including heat, cold, wind and rain
- Ability or willingness/willingness to travel as needed on occasion
- Excellent communication skills with both customers and co-workers
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to perform basic math functions
- Possession of good judgment is essential
- Professional appearance
- This position requires frequent walking, standing, sitting and reaching
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase plan with company match for full time employees
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health saving plans